Mark A. Buese, PH.D.
Registered Patent AgentPhone: (352) 375-8100
- B.A. cum laude
- Ph.D. Chemistry
University of Florida
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- U.S. and International Patent Prosecution
- Macromolecular Science
- Materials Science
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Senior Scientist, Clariant LSM (Florida) Inc., 1994-2005
- Assistant Professor, Temple University, Organic and
Macromolecular Chemistry 1987-1994
- Staff Scientist, General Electric Corporate Research and
- Charge de Recherches, Institut Charles Sadron, 1982-1983
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Registered to Practice before the United States Patent and
- Trademark Office (USPTO)
Via Ring-opening Polymerization,” ACS Symposium Series
838 Silicones and Silicone-Modified Materials, American
Chemical Society, Washington, DC 2003: Ch. 26.
- “Living Block Copolymerization of Phenylvinylsulfoxides and
Characterization of a Stereogradient Polymer,” Die
Makromolekulare Chemie, Macromolecular Symposia, Living
Polymerization, 1995, 95, 287.
- Silicone Networks Prepared via a Living Percolation
Mechanism: Postgel Structure for Networks with a Variety of
Junction Functionalities, Journal of the American Chemical
Society, 1993: 115, 11475.
- “Size Dependent Polycondensation of α,ω-Di-Hydroxyoligo
(dimethylsiloxane),” Macromolecules 1992: 25:4821.
- Stereoelective Anionic Polymerization of Chiral Monomers
via Interconverting Ion Pair Epimers, Recent Advances in
Anionic Polymerization, Elsevier, New York 1987: 231.
- “Oligomerization of Vinyl Monomers. 17. Stereoselective
Methylation of 1-Lithio-1,3-bis(phenylsulfinyl) butane.
Kinetic vs. Thermodynamic Control in the Formation of
Diastereomeric Ion Pairs,” Journal of the American Chemical
Society, 1985, 107, 4509.
- Inventor of U.S. Patent No. 6,346,553:
“Alkymethylsiloxane-dimethylsilicone polyalkylene oxide
- Inventor of U.S. Patent No. 5,914,420: “Perfluorinated
Organo Substituted Cyclosiloxanes and Copolymers
Prepared from these Cyclosiloxanes”
- Inventor of U.S. Patent No. 5,347,028: “Highly
Functionalized Polycyclosiloxanes and their Polymerization
into Thermally Reversible Living Rubbers”
- 8,648,247: Solarturf: Solar Energy Harvesting Artificial Turf
- 8,540,976: Poly (Non-Conjugated Diene) Based Sunscreens
- 8,455,661: Catalysts Containing N-Heterocyclic Carbenes for
- 8,450,449: Multi-Colored Conjugated Polymers with Highly
Transmissive Oxidized State
- 8,404,099: Electrolysis of Spent Fuel Pool Water for Hydrogen
- 8,361,437: Multimodal Nanoparticles for Non-Invasive BioImaging