Matt P.A. Bellefleur, PH.D
Registered Patent AgentPhone: 352-375-8100
Email: MPB@slepatents.com Email Me
- B.S. Microbiology
University of Michigan
- Ph.D. Microbiology
Arizona State University
- Genetic Engineering
- Molecular Biology
- Environmental Toxicology
PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Infectious Disease and Immunology, Arizona State University and University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine, 2012-2018
- Teaching Assistant, School of Life Sciences, Arizona State University, 2012-2014
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Michigan Medical School, 2009-2012
- Undergraduate Research Assistant, Department of Environmental Health Sciences, University of Michigan School of Public Health, 2008-2009
- Planning & Zoning Commission Member, Williston, FL
- Former Head Coach, University of Florida Men’s Rowing Team
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Registered to Practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Society for Microbiology
- Bellefleur M, Wanda S, Curtiss R. (2019) Characterizing active transportation mechanisms for free fatty acids and antibiotics in Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. BMC Biotechnol 19: 5.
- Peng Q, Zhu R, Wang X, Shi H, Bellefleur M, Wang S, Liu S. (2019) Impact of the variations in potential glycosylation sites of the hemagglutinin of H9N2 influenza virus. Virus Genes 55: 182.
- Li Q, Yin J, Li Z, Li Z, Du Y, Guo W, Bellefleur M, Wang S, Shi H. (2019) Serotype distribution, antimicrobial susceptibility, antimicrobial resistance genes and virulence genes of Salmonella isolated from a pig slaughterhouse in Yangzhou, China. AMB Express 9(1): 210.
- Li Y, Chen Y, Du Y, Guo W, Chu D, Fan J, Wang X, Bellefleur M, Wang S, Shi H. (2020). Live-attenuated Salmonella enterica serotype Choleraesuis vaccine with regulated delayed fur mutation confer protection against Streptococcus suis in mice. BMC Veterinary Research 16: 129.
- “Patentability & Patent Strategy – What to Consider for Your IP Portfolio”, Lunch & Learn. UF Innovate | Sid Martin Biotech, Alachua, FL, November 2022